Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Trust




The last couple of months I’ve been reminded how I need to continue to put my trust in God who knows me better than I know myself, after all He is the one who formed me in my mother’s womb and created me to be who I am today. God has amazing plans for each one of us and it’s up to us to trust and depend on Him. We won’t always understand the why’s and why not’s but all He asks of us is to put our trust in Him. You might be saying “Well that’s easier said than done” and your right! It’s a choice and it comes down to faith. What will we believe and what will we do with that belief? How can you trust someone if you don’t know them? Trust is built and over time it grows deeper and you become confident to believe and trust them. There are some individuals who can trust from the beginning but for many it’s the integrity of a relationship.

Throughout the ages God has shown us that He is who He says He is. He is pure, just, honest and faithful. He is the ultimate example of one who is moral, ethical, and consistent. He is unfaltering. He came to do what He said He would, He has accomplished everything that was promised. Today we can read about all the promises that He has for us in His Word. We can be confident that He is always there no matter what the circumstance or situation, good or bad and how unbelievable or amazing we think things are. He knows and understands everything and we can be sure that there is a reason and purpose for everything! He is not in the corrupt or harmful....even though He may allow it. As we trust we are given strength to believe in the bigger things. God in His sovereignty has more for us then we could ever think or imagine. This is where I and many others fail to trust. Will God come through? It’s so easy here to fall into the comfort zones of our lives, the comfortable the complacent and into unbelief. God has so much more for us and I just want all that God has for me, I choose to lay my life before Him and wait for His spirit to continue to guide me in this journey that I am on, to trust Him wherever it is that He is taking me. “You are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.” Psalm 31: 3. If I think of the work that He has already done in my life I can be fully confident in knowing that He has the best in mind for me and for you.

What are the things in your life that you are struggling with? Can you trust God with them or are you trying to control things in your own life? I would ask you to read Psalm 31, it will encourage you and you will find strength as you start to trust God with all of the details of your life.

I would love to hear from you, you can message me personally or leave a comment. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment