Sunday, February 23, 2014

Love So Amazing


My husband and I just came home from Puerto Vallarta Mexico. We have been involved with missions and ministry in Puerto Vallarta for about 8 years. As usually we go to the orphanage and visit the poorest area of Puerto Vallarta, this time I also did a concert to raise funds for the new Children’s Home through CompassioNet Impact. (Check out photo album on my Facebook Musicians page) During the concert I did the song Love So Amazing from my Unshakable CD and had a few people joined me on stage which is always so much fun! Because this song was inspired in Mexico it seemed so much more meaningful as I sang and shared about it right there!

When I started to write this song a couple of years ago in Mexico I was at a point where I felt crushed, I wasn’t sure how the hurtful things in my life could ever change. I was trying to make sense of it all. In the quiet moments, sitting by the ocean, God put His arms around me and spoke His comfort to me.

We all go through rough times in our lives, some of us seem to keep silent about what we are going through and the hurts are buried deep inside, others of us may ask, who can we talk to or where can we go to share what it is that we are going through. Will anyone understand? Sometimes we can feel all alone and desperate.

I share with you that if there is no one in this world that can completely understand God does. He knows our feelings and every situation. He cares about all that we go through and He loves us. Jesus himself went through many a situation while He lived here on this earth. He knows pain better than anyone. We also read about the storm that Jesus and His disciples were in and how Jesus calmed the storms when they cried out to Him….they realized they had forgotten to trust Him! (Mark 4:35-41)

No doubt we need each other through difficult times, to care and encourage one another. Sometimes we need professional help but the first and best thought would be to talk to God about it. These are some of my favorite reminders when I am facing difficulties.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (NIV)

He showed me that He could change the tides and that all those painful things could turn into something beautiful. No matter what kind of storms you may be going through, you don’t have to face them without God’s love. He cares about all that we go through. God’s love is so powerful and so amazing!! If you need prayer or would like to share please contact me anytime. Also, leave your comments and share how you have seen or felt about God’s love and care in your own life.

Here’s a link to listen to the song Love So Amazing. I hope it encourages you! You can also find it on itunes or CD Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment