Monday, April 14, 2014

My Only Choice


                               

Have you ever thought about how many choices you make in one day?  Some choices we hardly even think about because they come to us so naturally.  Like deciding what we’ll say when we answer the phone or the door. Some choices are so simple, and then others we contemplate and struggle over. Each choice we make is important, they all matter.  We hear about making wise choices in life but certainly we all need help to do that. We can ask for someone else’s opinion and prayerfully make choices as carefully as we can. Surely we have all made wrong decisions and we can certainly learn from them. God knows that we need spiritual guidance to make right choices in life. He also gave us the freedom to make any choice we like. John 7:17 say’s….."If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.”  Depending on our choices there are always repercussions, whether good or bad. In some cases we might get confused or face a crossroad. Fear may begin to grip us, we may become paralyzed and, let the situation go on too long before making a definitive decision.  I believe that many of us have found ourselves there. These situations are where faith comes in. 

Of all the things we want and desire, if there is one thing in life that we can be sure of, it is to know that God loves us and He knows what is best for us and for our future. He knew us even before we were born. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV). He is everything we so desperately need, even though we may not realize it. This is Holy week and if we would remember Jesus the King of Israel coming into the city of Jerusalem on a donkey. Many people chose to follow him but others did not.  John 6: 63-65 says "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father." Jesus came to this earth as a baby ...God’s son; He lived a life that was exemplary, one worth imitating. He spoke truth; He did miracles and lived a sinless life. But painfully he bore all our sins. Jesus did all this for you and me so that we can walk in his truth and have everlasting life. 

We are all looking for love, acceptance and truth that will free us. As we choose to accept and follow Jesus, asking His forgiveness and allowing His spirit to take control of our lives, He will guide us into all truth and to better choices. If you put God first and ask Jesus to be a part of your life, it is the best choice you could ever make. He is our only hope.

Years ago I struggled with the choice of giving my life to Christ, but when I asked Jesus into my life I found love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Today I live with an inner peace and satisfaction that far outweighs anything in this world. To give my life to Jesus was to die to myself and live for Christ. Romans chapter 6 says it well but this verse also shares my heart’s desire. “Therefore, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him” (Colossians 2:6).

In making a choice to live for Christ I can be assured of eternal life “Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” 1 John 5: 12-13.  It is not a feeling it is a knowing and trust and that is something worth living for! Of all the choices in life, Jesus is “My Only Choice”; he is the best choice I have ever made! I hope that you can say the same this Easter!

NOTE: Also hear “My Only Choice” here on Facebook.

"I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" Deuteronomy 30:19

No comments:

Post a Comment